Prefab homes are a blessing to all of use due to the extensive need of going green. Prefab homes are pre-built homes – the construction is done in a factory, instead of on-site construction. The prefab house is built in a controlled environment, saving time, money and other resources.However, How to build a prefab home is a process which needs intense planning and preparation. More importantly, detailing is the key – Helps the prefab structure build better. In order to make zero mistakes while building your Prefab Home, check out the following steps you need to keep in mind while building your own prefab home:
Stage 1 – The Very Idea of a Prefab Home
It all starts with an idea – you are in need of change or bigger spaces or you just suddenly feel the need to work on your home. Ensure you give prime focus to the needs of your family and not change their way of living too much. Pick prefab home options which are similar to your current house unless, all of you agree upon changing the house structure, rooftop etc.Then, find out your house’s floor area, get a rough budget. This is a very basic step and the cost mostly depends of the prefab house builder because of their service charges, technical installation, location issues, interiors and more. If money is an issue, reduce your floor area– you’re all set then!
Stage 2 – Draft your Prefab Design
Contact a prefab house builder after you’re done looking at the ideal house you’d like, have photos of the same and you can start working on the project! Here’s why it’s important to hire a prefab home builder this early:
1.The builder is a professional who knows all about local requirements, best practices, approvals needed, paperwork and more.
2.Builders are trained to be special and ensure proper special solutions which shall help the functionality of your home do much better!
3.Preliminary designing can be made easy.
Stage 3 – Draft a Budget
Not all prefab home builders are competent enough to deliver prefab houses once they’re done. In simple words, there’s a lot for you to do then! So, you can either reach out to a smart and the right prefab house builder who gives you all-round assistance and services or, you can follow the following steps:
- Your manufacturer must work on the groundwork and foundations – that’s out of your hands, definitely your builder’s job!
- Contact the right professionals for help – plumbers, water service providers, electricity etc.
- The house structure is another element, coming from the manufacturer which is mostly installed and finished outside.
- Windows, doors and roof covers are essential. Pick the right options, which are easy to carry and work with.
- Interior designing can be done by you, with love or by a trendy interior designer. Best of all, you can always talk to your prefab house builder to help you out.
Stage 4 – Choose the right Prefab House Builder
This may be a very tedious and time consuming process but, it sure is worth it! There are some simple ways in which you can find your prefab builder:
- Find questions which you need answered from your prefab house builder.
- Conduct interviews with the builders in order to understand their way of working- whether you’re willing to cope with it or not.
- Read through online reviews, testimonials and more.
Champion Prefabs are one of the leading Prefab Home builders in India.
Stage 5 – The Building Process
Once you’re set with the planning, comes the execution. The building process is very fundamental and it’ll go on for 4 to 12 weeks. This phase is a lot about visuals, designing, effective communication and more. While designing with the prefab houses, ensure your engineer keeps the right space for plumbing, electricity connections and other facilities.
Stage 6 – Preparing the Site & Production
Good timing is the key here. Plan out the foundation well enough with your builder. The shape and size of your house needs to be set up here. Ensure the site is clear from any issues. The production is a short stage but, is very quick! Attention to quality, superior detailing and related aspects are essential while preparing the site and go about the production in accordance with it.
Stage 7 – Assembling of Prefab Structure
The house is assembled on-site. Therefore, time is essential and time taken varies on the basis of the degree of manufacturing and size of the house. A single-family modular prefab house can be assembled in 2 days while a house that’s made with similar elements might take up to one week.
Stage 8 – Technical Installations
Once the structure of the house is up, the assembly Team of the Manufacturer will leave and the site will be left in the hands of the prefab builder who shall coordinate the works of the Companies executing the technical installations. Typical installations include plumbing, electricity, ventilation, heating, communications. This step can get tricky so, beware!
Stage 9 – Interior Designing
Depending on the size of the house and the level of the finishes, this stage can take anywhere between two weeks and a few months. It is important that finishing works are executed with no rush and great care.In fact, even if the structure of the house is perfect, poorly executed finishing works might result in cracks on the walls and other unpleasant surprises.
Step 10 – Final Step, Handing Over the Prefab Home
Final inspection takes place here, housewarming and other events as well! Guarantee may be provided by your prefab house builder and it’s ready to live in once approved!Here’s why Prefab homes are just the right choice for today’s population:
- Fixed design and budget: prefabricated elements can be used to build just about any architectural solution and their construction can be adapted to fit smaller budgets.
- Saving of time and workforce: building with prefab components will be faster and it will require less manpower on-site.
- Fixed materials and budget: factories buy bulk materials, generally resulting in cheaper prices of the finished prefab product.